gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975632 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 01, 2024, 02:50 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Raleigh Grifter
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Raleigh Grifter  (Read 25461 times)

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Raleigh Grifter
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2010, 12:34 PM »
i still got a blue mk1 grifter.
was thinking of selling it. shame sat in the corner gathering dust really.
dave the bmxing gypo

monkian

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2010, 12:57 PM »
I had a Tomahawk. It was a bit like having a small chopper.
Nothing changes. Thanks a lot Dad :(

Voodoocars

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2010, 04:03 PM »
I had a Grifter that I put bmx forks on. I just bought them in a local bike shop. cant remember what year tho' - prob 80/81. They were chrome and yes, the steerer tube was long. My dad was a coppersmith so the frame headtube was shortened so it looked a bit better.
 Still couldnt lift it off the ground tho' :-[.
 Later it had a rear acs z rim with coaster on it and a front araya with suntour (I think) hub. i sprayed it white 'cause the parts were red so it looked like a redline bike I had seen. That later got dumped as my dad made me a torker replica frame 8) - which got stolen from outside Halfords in Coventry when i was inside shoplifting. The cheek.

ozone

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2010, 04:39 PM »
Here's my two Super Grifters! Black one has lights powered by dynamo, the second silver one has a speedo!!! Remember them??

Nice Snakebellies. :daumenhoch:

Broggie

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2010, 04:40 PM »
It's very simple really,  you'd had bikes before, but BMX captured your imagination...still those bikes that you had before were part of your childhood, and therfore special....No matter how crappy some people might view such things nowadays, most of your toys
will be to you, iconic gold...and bollocks to anyone who says otherwise.

Other than BMX it's what links us all to each other, and to days that were long and full of dreams.

Ray.

scott250

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 08:09 PM »
Thanks for replys and help with fork suggestions.  Here it is ¬

well, the frame and OG forks - the forks do look scary weak to ride.  Had this bike years - been stuck in my Dads garage ,got it in a sale in the mid 90s for £15 I think.

Ps - I intend to prove you all wrong about getting one of these heavy babies into air  :P
Gonna blast it through some trails ;D
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 08:21 PM by scott250 »

Offline steve69

• Flip-Whip
  • aka. Steve Changa
  • Rated:
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 08:22 PM »
That strika on poobay is the same as mine was. Think i may bid on it... My mrs ul go sick if shes sees my riding around the street on that, hahaha.

buy it now!
I've got a N.O.S. Strika, still in it's original brown paper wrapping in the garage somewhere, black one with the prism decals :D. got it at a car boot sale about 12yrs ago.
If there's air in the tyres... it's a rider

monkian

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 09:40 PM »
Just realised I've got a Gifter Tyre kicking around if anyone's interested :daumenhoch:
Just send me a PM.

bmxboy70

« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2010, 06:52 PM »
It's very simple really,  you'd had bikes before, but BMX captured your imagination...still those bikes that you had before were part of your childhood, and therfore special....No matter how crappy some people might view such things nowadays, most of your toys
will be to you, iconic gold...and bollocks to anyone who says otherwise.

Other than BMX it's what links us all to each other, and to days that were long and full of dreams.

Ray.
Well said that MAN!

firebird4130

bmxboy70

« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2010, 11:02 PM »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Raleigh Grifter

gfxgfx
gfx gfx