gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 10:57 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  very early jap SKYWAY TA fixed and ready for sale
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: very early jap SKYWAY TA fixed and ready for sale  (Read 10849 times)

tigerbrown

Re: very early jap SKYWAY TA fixed and ready for sale
« Reply #25 on: March 06, 2010, 11:29 AM »

nice and cheap TA that dude :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: March 06, 2010, 11:34 AM »
check out the wanteds neil, i think paulo is after a ta mate :daumenhoch: hope someone snaps it up as i have just had a vision of it hanging on me wall  :idiot2:

hope you are well bud :daumenhoch:

Offline Kaner

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: March 06, 2010, 04:24 PM »
I will take it neil.

tigerbrown

« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2010, 04:42 PM »

you got a bargain there kaner!!

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: very early jap SKYWAY TA fix and sell or paint and sell
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2010, 04:00 AM »

so the ones that were about a couiple of years ago with solid drop outs were they the same as this ?

Nope, they were a different fish altogether with 3 or 4 differences to the K serial and the boggo USA ones.

smoothblue

Re: very early jap SKYWAY TA fix and sell or paint and sell
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2010, 11:50 PM »
You'd wonder why somebody would do that to the forks, bound to have had a reason  :-\

If you look at the first pic of the forks, on the inside of the left dropout it looks like it has been welded under the arrow. Skyway forks are prone to cracking so maybe he wasn't happy with just the weld and decided to double strength each side to be sure  :-\

:coolsmiley:
Quite right Snav69,TA fork dropouts were very prone to cracking.I have a pair myself with some rather fetching
cracks in the dropouts.Could well find if he does remove the plates on these forks that there are some cracks underneath.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  very early jap SKYWAY TA fixed and ready for sale

gfxgfx
gfx gfx