gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 05:19 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  im glad im not alone
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: im glad im not alone  (Read 1770 times)

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
im glad im not alone
« on: February 20, 2010, 09:52 PM »
after reading the forward and stodgy hutch interview in classic bmx mag,its kinda hit home how big this old school thing is
i can honestly say there is only 2 members on here i go for a regular rollaround with(wardy and sweetbeats)never had a problem when out with jase but always remember when out with carl some cnut making a comment,probably easy enough for people to say bang him out etc,but sticks and stones and all that,to be honest,i dont really now where im heading with this,but maybe you know what im trying to say,all be it very poorly
negativity is for chumps,positivity is for champs

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: im glad im not alone
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2010, 09:58 PM »

so what ya saying ?

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2010, 10:03 PM »
i think he is saying about people taking the pi55 out of him when out on kids bikes :-\

if so just stick ya 2 fingers up and shout ner ner ner ner ner :2funny:

who gives a fook what they think anyway let them grow old too quick with their pipe and slippers then see who has the last laugh :daumenhoch: ;)

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:07 PM »
i think im trying to say i dont like twats taking the piss when im on a bike big enough to be my sons,and it sometimes gets me down,but i do love me bmx and a publications like classic show its a big old school world out there
and many happy returns for tomorrow

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 10:09 PM »
i think he is saying about people taking the pi55 out of him when out on kids bikes :-\

if so just stick ya 2 fingers up and shout ner ner ner ner ner :2funny:

who gives a fook what they think anyway let them grow old too quick with their pipe and slippers then see who has the last laugh :daumenhoch: ;)
:daumenhoch:
i have pipe and slippers too :LolLolLolLol:

Offline animal

• Team Moderator
  • BMX Nerd
  • MRD Loony & proud
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 10:10 PM »
Old and serious , dried up inside ,jealous and miserable . Or Thrash till die  :shocked:  :daumenhoch: Bring It on .  ;D says he who could b crippled  :LolLolLolLol: Oh me knees , me back, me hair folicals . Hell live it up thats my moto sod the world , 2 long dead  :10_2_12:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2010, 10:28 PM »

do members actually get grief from wives,friends,work mates etc etc about kids bikes then ? they only take the p1ss when i knock myself out  ;D

Offline GTnumber1

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2010, 10:57 PM »
FOOK what people say mate as long as me hands and feet work il always ride  :daumenhoch:

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2010, 11:23 PM »
Funny no one ever takes the p1ss out of me >:D
unless Im trying to do 360s out side the offy and stack it :'(
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline boofy44

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 12:37 AM »
when i started getting back into the old school about 5 years ago all my mates were taking the piss.now
more and more keep asking me about it and lookking on e-bay.i ride on me own most of the time,feck em
all.

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:46 AM »
I find old school bmx a great conversation starter as many many people had bmx's when they were kids and it gives them something to reminis about, very rarely do they take the p1ss.

I would say I get props of 99% of people for being 40 years old and race/ride OS and NS bmx and a also a skydiver

The 1% are miserable dried up bitter tw@ts and normally armchair sportsmen

Dingo

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 07:53 AM »
and there was that young black dude who we thought was gonna hit us with a stick :2funny: fook em Stu :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 08:07 AM »
I find old school bmx a great conversation starter as many many people had bmx's when they were kids and it gives them something to reminis about, very rarely do they take the p1ss.

I would say I get props of 99% of people for being 40 years old and race/ride OS and NS bmx and a also a skydiver

Dingo

fook offf you are never 40  ;D
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 08:42 AM by dingobmxer »

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 08:43 AM »

Dingo

fook offf you are never 40  ;D

Thanks Pete, happy 48th by the way  :smitten:

Dingo

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 08:45 AM »
and there was that young black dude who we thought was gonna hit us with a stick :2funny: fook em Stu :daumenhoch:
:2funny:
i could have swore there was 10 of them carrying tazers

Offline Gashead

• Team Owner
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Up the Gas
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 08:49 AM »
I go out with my lad on my BMX and I'm 40 !

His mates thinks its great  :daumenhoch:

Offline QUADROPHENIA

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 09:15 AM »
I go out with my lad on my BMX and I'm 40 !

His mates thinks its great  :daumenhoch:

actually i am wrong, you are the one exception, we ALL laugh at you

Offline markyp

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2010, 10:42 AM »
i started building bikes a couple of years ago now and have my show ponies displayed around the house.i would say 99% of people are totally knocked over when they see them,even people who werent even into bmx bitd,even my old man likes them,he even went for a spin on my first build!!!its only the girlfriend and her friends and mum who think what is mark doing with kids bikes !!i post my builds on my face book page and the comments are always really positive,most people want to go out and start getting into the old school scene themselves,its all about nostalgia,you cant beat it,and trying to stay young forever! :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2010, 10:45 AM by markyp »
Arsenal FC not Arsene FC

Victoria Concordia crescit

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2010, 11:13 AM »

no that was the police stu thinking we'd mugged some kids and nicked their bikes :LolLolLolLol:

Offline sawzall

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2010, 11:21 AM »
i went for a roll around on my pro class yesterday and all i got from kids is nice bike!!! :)
British race frames and race clothing wanted

Broggie

« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2010, 11:25 AM »
To people who take the piss out of riding kids bikes....

'I might be riding a kids bike, but you are ugly and have a small dick, just remember I can always get off and walk...but you, well you're stuck with it.  I'd ask who's fooking your missus tonight, but I guess I know it aint you.'

Ray.

Offline stu27

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2010, 11:37 AM »

no that was the police stu thinking we'd mugged some kids and nicked their bikes :LolLolLolLol:
:LolLolLolLol:
strange how they were on first name terms with ya

Offline BENDYCAT ELEVENTEEN

• Berm Worm
  • "Click here for link"
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2010, 11:58 AM »
Just to say that in Godalming Surrey, i seem to be the only one riding old school bmx's around here  :-[ - I know there are some others that are around the surrey aera, but haven't met up with them ? only chance is the London charity run  ;)

I get looks from all sorts of peps when out riding - best is when i'm on my shinny pro Burner,  you get the guys just blanked faces remembering there old bmx's and turning round to there wives saying "i had one like that"  ;D

get blokes coming up to me asking about the bike - get a nod from the new school riders - and all the kids love a shinny bike  8) ;D

I tend not to worry if they think that, there goes a bloke on a kids bike - I know what it means to me - i get respect from the right people when i pass - that's what counts  ;)
The Devil is away on business, I'm having to step in for him - How can I make your day Hell !!!

Offline Spen69

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • It was less than TWELVE parsecs.... .
  • Rated:
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2010, 12:05 PM »
Got the pish ripped out of me royal style two years ago when the boyz at work(I work in construction!) found out I was riding a BMX and not a mountain bike when I fractured my skull. For months afterwards though, loads of guys wanted to know if the old school scene as for real, so I showed them this site and they were gobsmaked. When I told them I was off to MK last year to do my first ever race, they thought it was great!
Still limping......

Offline oldschoolib

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2010, 02:06 PM »
who gives a fook the people who take the piss are the ones who probably have a odd hobby themselves collect stamps, coins, train numbers, plane numbers, reg plates, fishing, the gym, playstation etc etc etc people who take the piss are lacking in some fundamental area in them selves (scientific fact) so just a simple fook of retard would hit the nail on the head and be truthfull, plus they are secretly looking at your ride with jealous eyes and the oh i used to have one of them is them trying to remember when they thought they were cool hows that fellas answered sober  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  im glad im not alone

gfxgfx
gfx gfx