gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 08:36 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hutch Judge decals
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Hutch Judge decals  (Read 1742 times)

DY85262

Hutch Judge decals
« on: February 10, 2010, 07:23 PM »
I was always wondering. Hutch Judge decals. I see some with the Nora Cup decal on the seat tube and some without. Is there any logic to this? I know Hutch was awarded Bike of the Year for years 84,5,6 Did the decal change dependent on which year the Judge was?
You see some of the bikes sold by Juan and they have OG decls and Nora Cup decals.

Just a little confused.

Cheers
(C.J.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:22 PM by DY85262 »

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
Re: Hutch Judge decals
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 07:37 PM »
Evening Clint,i THINK Nora decals were put on frames dating from very late 83 production (that were due to be released in 84)  because were told that they had won Nora BOTY well before 84. Am i right/wrong anyone?

DY85262

Re: Hutch Judge decals. Please move to restoration
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 07:40 PM »
Sorry can mods move to restoration please.

Any how looking at Juans you tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsgpcuQM3c

You can clearly see that this Judge had no Judge decals on the seat stays. It did have the Nora Cup decal.

Anybody help out here. Was the Judge decals something extra that came out later?

Most of the restored J's I have seen have the decal on the seat stay, well they do look nice and I guess you want to make the statement as its top model.

Info appreciated.

Cheers
(C.J.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:23 PM by DY85262 »

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 08:04 PM »
I've owned two NOS White frame sets...both have all decals.

My old NOS set below was a very early 1985...has all the decals.

My second NOS set which I still have is a 1985 with all decals.

Then we have my NOS set with my refinished 1985.

DY85262

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Absolutely great to see.
Fantastic info
So did the judge start in 84? If so did it have the Nora decal with just bike of the year for 84? Or did Judges only ever come with 84/85 bicycle of the year decal.

Second question is, what is Juans NOS with no Judge decals. Is that just a one of that could have happened BITD dependent on whoever decalled the bikes?

Cheers for sharing.

Ohh yeah what does the decal say at the bottom bracket end of teh seat tube. I have yet to find a picture with one I can read fully Chrome-molly???????????? M??????

(C.J.)
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 09:24 PM by DY85262 »

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:00 PM »
The only thing that's making me curious is the "Repair" tag shown. Did it go back to Hutch after a breakage? Maybe they forgot to apply the seatstay decals. If it IS A repair,then it's hardly NOS. I'd still kill for it though.

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2010, 10:29 PM »
The only thing that's making me curious is the "Repair" tag shown. Did it go back to Hutch after a breakage? Maybe they forgot to apply the seatstay decals. If it IS A repair,then it's hardly NOS. I'd still kill for it though.

LOL...NO...that is the Hutch Factory Warranty card...!!!  It was never even removed from the frame...  :LolLolLolLol: ...!!!  It has never seen a bearing cup...  8) .

Although I did tear the card along the perforation a bit when hanging it up.   :-\

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2010, 10:33 PM »
fair play to you Tom!.....Also,you got any thoughts on the thread i posted re Ali pro frame?   

What confused me was that the Repair Tag looked like it had been filled out.  :-\
« Last Edit: February 11, 2010, 10:43 PM by HUTCHMAN »

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2010, 02:35 AM »
fair play to you Tom!.....Also,you got any thoughts on the thread i posted re Ali pro frame?   

What confused me was that the Repair Tag looked like it had been filled out.  :-\

OH...did you mean the tag on Juan's frame set...?  I thought that myself as well.  Send him a pm...he is a very cool guy...he'll tell you what the ticket said.

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 08:56 AM »
Sorry Tom,me not explaining myself properly. Yea i did mean Juan's frame. I've still got the same card for my Hollywood that you have on your Judge.

Offline AtariAger

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2010, 02:21 PM »
Absolutely great to see.
Fantastic info
So did the judge start in 84? If so did it have the Nora decal with just bike of the year for 84? Or did Judges only ever come with 84/85 bicycle of the year decal.

Second question is, what is Juans NOS with no Judge decals. Is that just a one of that could have happened BITD dependent on whoever decalled the bikes?

Cheers for sharing.

Ohh yeah what does the decal say at the bottom bracket end of teh seat tube. I have yet to find a picture with one I can read fully Chrome-molly???????????? M??????

Pretty sure the Judge was only made available in 1985.  Here...read this interview with Mr. Judge...it is the July issue of Super BMX & Freestyle.

http://users.telenet.be/jjrbmx/inter-test/HUTCHDaJudgeInterview85.html

The decal you are asking about says...

CHROMEMOLY
             MADE IN USA
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 02:34 PM by AtariAger »

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2010, 04:12 PM »
There is also another decal(ocasionally) at the bottom of the seat tube,stating that if the seat post isn't inserted to a certain length the warranty will be void(i'll confirm exactly what it says when i get home).

It says....

CAUTION
for HUTCH warranty,
Seatpost must be in-
stalled to minimum in-
sertion of at least 3 inches

« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:28 AM by HUTCHMAN »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Hutch Judge decals

gfxgfx
gfx gfx