gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 07:18 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Powder Coating and BB
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Powder Coating and BB  (Read 763 times)

g_lamb

Powder Coating and BB
« on: February 09, 2010, 12:50 PM »
Once again I call on superior knowledge...

I wanna fit BB cups on 2 bikes and change the BB cups on another but am also gonna get Dan to work his magic on all 3 at some point and get the powder coated.

Can the Frame(s) be powder coated with the BB cups still fitted or will they need removing?

Same question for the headset I guess as LBS will need to fit the BB cups and headsets as I think I'm too much of a wimp or don't know the tricks of the trade to fit them myself...  ::)

unless of course any of the MK posse can help me out...  :daumenhoch:

Cheers all

Lamby

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Powder Coating and BB
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2010, 12:54 PM »
Best to remove the cups so it's just a bare frame  :daumenhoch:

LBS should be able to press them back in for you for next to nix but I am sure someone here might be able to help out  :daumenhoch:

I have a bearing press but live in Perth, Australia so not much help at all  :-[

Edited because I can't spell or type anymore, damn red wine  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:21 PM by MartyC »

Better to crash and burn than fade away

monkian

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2010, 01:13 PM »
Just remember to lightly sand the inside of the BB and external contact area before pressing in the cups so you don't chip off any powder :daumenhoch:

g_lamb

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2010, 01:36 PM »
Just remember to lightly sand the inside of the BB and external contact area before pressing in the cups so you don't chip off any powder :daumenhoch:
Thx for that  :daumenhoch:

Offline superbikedan

• BMX Legend
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2010, 01:58 PM »

I wanna fit BB cups on 2 bikes and change the BB cups on another but am also gonna get Dan to work his magic on all 3 at some point and get the powder coated.

Can the Frame(s) be powder coated with the BB cups still fitted or will they need removing?

Same question for the headset I guess as LBS will need to fit the BB cups and headsets as I think I'm too much of a wimp or don't know the tricks of the trade to fit them myself...  ::)

Cheers all

Lamby

i can press them back in no worries :daumenhoch:
For powder coating drop me a pm

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2010, 07:51 PM »

Cheers all

Lamby

Have you ever meet Dan? He takes them out with his teeth and puts them back in with his bare hands :shocked:
Watch out for the handshake ;)

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2010, 02:36 PM »

Cheers all

Lamby

Have you ever meet Dan? He takes them out with his teeth and puts them back in with his bare hands :shocked:
Watch out for the handshake ;)

So true...

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Powder Coating and BB

gfxgfx
gfx gfx