gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975626 Posts in 138927 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 28, 2024, 11:25 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My old TRM freestyler
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: My old TRM freestyler  (Read 3180 times)

deanhartley

My old TRM freestyler
« on: February 07, 2010, 10:57 PM »
Dug out the old TRM freestyler today after many years of hibernation. Been hung up in my garage for many years, and before that my dads garage. I bought it new in 1982 and couldn't bare to part with it. Just realised how long ago that was.  Used to love it and at the time practiced endless tricks. The TRM was as stong as an ox and super light when it had the ACS Z-rims. Skyways were stronger, but also heavier and I preferred the Araya 7X's for just knocking around.

I'll post some pics of me getting big air on the quarter pipe and doing perfect 360 rollouts.

In the meantime, see some pics took just today. Stripped it down today to clean it up and maybe restore it. Having said that the frame is very good, paint is original and stickers too. It was well looked after, considering the extreme tricks it used to be subjected to.

Only made a 1000 of these and I'd be interested to know how many there are left in the world. Thought about getting rid, but ya know what? The more I look at it, makes me think I might keep it for another 28 years!!

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
Re: My old TRM freestyler
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2010, 11:40 PM »
Cool bike, Welcome.....I don't know much about TRM's, but pretty sure there isn't that many about and espiecally with original decals, even though it looks like a few are missing,  I would say, whatever you do, don't restore the F&F, leave it as a survivor, it still looks like it is in great shape. Look forward to seeing more pictures, thanks for sharing :daumenhoch:

Check out a few in the Museum..
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=6529.0
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 12:37 AM by JAY »

Rad Robbo

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2010, 05:28 PM »
I agree with Jay, looks good as it is :)

Ged

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 02:11 PM »
always wanted one of them ..love it

FAZE3

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2010, 08:41 PM »
I had a white one bitd, your right I never managed to break it with mass abuse ;)

Most of my mates owned it for a while, wish I'd kept mine to :'(

Offline Munnyella

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2010, 09:42 PM »
Always wanted one too, but with landing gear forks, don't know why, but up our way, LG's were the cream, still have a soft spot for them now, wish I had about 10 pairs!!!

Mark M
Hard + Stylish = Chicks + Beer!!!

Offline JAY

• Site Supporter
  • Cherry Picker
  • Rated:

Rodgy1970

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2010, 12:06 PM »
listed on the same day he did the post above  :-\

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Freestyle (frame stands and kickturns galore!)  |  My old TRM freestyler

gfxgfx
gfx gfx