gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975643 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee July 04, 2024, 03:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  WHAT'S YOU'RE VIEW ON THIS VIDEO?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: WHAT'S YOU'RE VIEW ON THIS VIDEO?  (Read 4155 times)

kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere

WHAT'S YOU'RE VIEW ON THIS VIDEO?
« on: February 08, 2010, 06:49 PM »
After watching this footage of two cornering manoeuvres i'd like to gauge peoples views. No death threats or sillyness  ::) just good debate  :daumenhoch:
/>

telelogic

Re: WHAT'S YOU'RE VIEW ON THIS VIDEO?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 06:54 PM »
I've seen this move pulled a hundred times in MX and SX, It seems to be an excepted move.

In my opinion, it's just not cricket!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 06:56 PM by telelogic »

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:04 PM »
1st one was fine second was a blatant take out attempt, bmx is a contact sport at times

clipped in kids dont like it though so now its frowned upon  :rant:

Dingo
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 07:05 PM by dingobmxer »

Offline Jon The Bassist

• Flip-Whip
    • Delirium alt/rock/metal covers
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 07:08 PM »
IMO both 'legal' as the rider in front on the track controls the line. The second one is only borderline fair since the rider on the inside was only marginally ahead and might have struggled to stay on the track without using the other rider as a buffer!

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2010, 07:26 PM »
Cnuts trick
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

dialledbikes

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2010, 08:02 PM »
All's fair in berm warfare.

Dingo is right that the only reason we don't see more moves like that is because clipsters are scared of coming unclipped and losing their momentum.

Dirt berms and flat pedals = BMX

THIRSTYKIRSTY

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2010, 08:09 PM »
this was done to me a few times at hartlepool when i was on cruiser a few yr back and both times i just picked up the front and dugg in the power

both times the guy tryin to undercut me came a cropper ,,,wat a shame

r

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2010, 08:23 PM »
Here's something that we can all learn from  :daumenhoch:

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2010, 09:04 PM »
/>

what? to move out of the way of a rider coming up inside of you? outside rider pussied out when he should have just leant on the guy as he came up  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Dingo

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 09:10 PM »
/>

what? to move out of the way of a rider coming up inside of you? outside rider pussied out when he should have just leant on the guy as he came up  :2gunsfiring_v1:

Dingo
no no no, you're thinking negative, which in itself is interesting. i'm refering to the way the rider in blue negotiated & manoeuvred in the corner  ::) position, speed, braking, control, get the picture? well executed move. that's what i'm saying.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:21 PM by kevin (A.K.A) kai riviere »

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2010, 09:19 PM »
not being negative just commenting on what I am watching

636 turned LEFT! you see his bars turn!!  :shocked:

He should have held his line or turned tighter then rider in blue would have been shut down there and then, its called closing the door  :daumenhoch:

Dingo
« Last Edit: February 08, 2010, 09:23 PM by dingobmxer »

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2010, 09:40 PM »
not being negative just commenting on what I am watching

636 turned LEFT! you see his bars turn!!  :shocked:

He should have held his line or turned tighter then rider in blue would have been shut down there and then,

& we'll never know whether 636 did so to avoid a collision or wimped out........good debate innit!  ;)

Offline Dingobmxer

• Founding Fathers
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2010, 09:47 PM »
They are both the same thing in my book  :LolLolLolLol:

Dingo

moomin

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2010, 09:52 PM »
Cracking vid, Jen needs a pat on the back for that, IMO the door was left open, BMX has become far too gay :-X

Moschops

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2010, 10:17 PM »
Rubbin's racin >:D

2nd attempt was blatant and he paid the ultimate price, if you wanna win train more and be faster than the other guy don't be a bully ;)

proclass35

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2010, 07:41 AM »
The first move is good. He goes in firm but fair and makes it stick, with minimal contact.
  The second move proves what I always tell my son- if you try taking somebody out, you'll usually end up taking yourself out, and your card is marked for next time. The rider can't make it round the corner without using the other rider to bounce off, so it's a scruffy move that c0cks the race up for both of them.(good for the crowd though!)
  The fastest riders make they're presence felt and ride physically without crashing into people. Riding close but fast, with the correct level of 'elbow intimidation' will win races. Riding sideways into somebody up a berm will usually see you with a sore arse and a reputation....

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2010, 02:52 PM »
The first move is good, the second one reckless, but the rider on the outside sees it coming and does nothing to counter it, should have dabbed the brakes, dropped inside while the guy disapears over the berm  :LolLolLolLol:

Not enough berming going on in my opinion, but I would say that  >:D

http://www.youtube.com/user/madmoleyman#p/c/222FD82F66ECF031/13/x0927381S_M

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2010, 03:18 PM »

The first move is good, the second one reckless, but the rider on the outside sees it coming and does nothing to counter it, should have dabbed the brakes, dropped inside while the guy disapears over the berm  :LolLolLolLol:

Not enough berming going on in my opinion, but I would say that  >:D

1st one was fine second was a blatant take out attempt, bmx is a contact sport at times

Dingo

100% ditto, if you go in fast on the inside you gonna come out high, rider in front doesnt have the right to the line of the berm, berm warfare is as important as a good start. the rider in front should have stayed low n the rider behind would have found his brakes :LolLolLolLol: i'm sure beard will comment on this manouvre as its one of the lines i need to take on certain tracks. bmx is a rough sport, me n diggler have had some awesome bermin going on, would be boring as fook with out it. In the second attempt the rider would have got round faster without being so malicious.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 04:11 PM by OrgasmDonor »

Offline DoubleD

• Cherry Picker
  • From Holland
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 03:23 PM »
i would break his knee if he did that , its legal but  its a shi.. manouvre

moley

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2010, 03:30 PM »
A nice trip into no-mans land Al!!!  ;D

And there was at least 2 blind marshalls standing on that corner.

I hear Dubber is gunning for ya at Manchester!! :LolLolLolLol:

Back on topic.........

Both manoeuvers seemed okay to me.   According to North Region Old Skool Rules 4b....

4b.  Any manoeuver NOT resulting in Death or Decapitation and results in Dubber performing a comedy fall is allowed

:LolLolLolLol:

TBH..........The first one is okay and the 2nd was in bad weather.   I think the 2nd was okay, just not executed as well as the first as he probably got out of control (which isn't deliberate).    But If you leave a big hole then your just inviting someone to take advantage.    He should never have been in that position to try it.

Offline OrgasmDonor

• Berm Worm
  • I got the sauce for beef butterflies
  • Rated:
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 07:00 PM »
just watched this again, and stand by what i said above but the first one wasnt really called for either, he could have used the berm far better and took same line n digged in and turned earlier rather than traveling all that way up tryin to block first rider, he would have been a good bike length in front anyway, the move was ok but not greatly beneficial on that shape berm.

Offline 58 delray

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 07:37 PM »
having watched the full race, i think he was p-ssed off at beeing passed in the previous corner and just tried to T-Bone the other guy and take him out and ended up taking himself out !!

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 09:00 PM »
That's a classic overtake manouvere at Daggers Kev.

I was T boned a classic by Sam Wonfor there whilst fighting for the lead. He came from miles back at full speed and just wipped me out. But whilst I was pissed off at the time it's just racing at the end of the dayand I've probably blocked as many people that have blocked me.

My advice is ride your own race and be aware of what may happen and try and minimise it happening to you. It takes time to get to a stage where you think about what your doing in a race, us old schoolers are normally running out of oxygen by the time we get to that berm and we still have another straight to go.  :LolLolLolLol:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  New School BMX 2004 - Now  |  New School Racing  |  WHAT'S YOU'RE VIEW ON THIS VIDEO?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx