gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 12:03 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway Rivets
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Skyway Rivets  (Read 773 times)

neiljonarcus

Skyway Rivets
« on: February 06, 2010, 06:12 AM »
i fancy taking another challenge on these Skyway Rivets . i seem to not let anything beat me so if any one has a couple of the rivets ,i know a few people that i could turn to to see if i can get a tool formed to press these rivets in  " like a propa job" ... started this thread in tech and resto so i can add pics as i go along  :daumenhoch:
  if i crack it pulled in hubs will be a thing of the past  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
Re: Skyway Rivets
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2010, 08:32 AM »
Don't forget the rivets are tapered too  :daumenhoch:

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline Steve P

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2010, 12:37 PM »
I'd be inclined to get some pins made up from a material that's softer than the originals Neil ... I've got a NOS pin here and the steel it's made from is hard as fook which will prove difficult to set properly without a suitable press like the one Skyway used BITD

Also, the pin must be exactly the right length to avoid the risk of swelling and bending inside the wheel once the head is set  :daumenhoch:

Here's a cool pic of the old Skyway factory  :coolsmiley:

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2010, 04:58 PM »
you go to any factory that does sheet metal ask ask them to put them in on the pemserter. it's a piece of piss with one of them.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Skyway Rivets

gfxgfx
gfx gfx