gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975758 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 27, 2024, 06:16 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Where to buy complete OS Bikes ?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Where to buy complete OS Bikes ?  (Read 1103 times)

macdude

Where to buy complete OS Bikes ?
« on: February 02, 2010, 05:35 PM »
How do all,forum newbie here,i have been toying with the idea of getting in to the OS race scene at the age of 40, but i have two questions for you...

Where is the best place to get a complete bike ?

What year of BMX bike would not be classed as OS as in say 2004 etc...

Cheers,

Simon.

martylaa

Re: Where to buy complete OS Bikes ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 05:41 PM »
welcome mate, not sure if theres a shop you could go to to buy a os racer bmx, but you will find loads on here
also most people class os-bmx as anything before 1986 or some may say earlier, whatever it is you want, research, info, tips restoration pointers, complete bmx's you'll find it all here
try the for sale section :daumenhoch:

Offline DIRTBIKER250F

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Home sweet home
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 05:43 PM »
To race you need anything Without Lugs that takes caliper brakes and 1" headset, i think you can go upto about 92, Moley is the sites race head so give him a Pm  :daumenhoch: also im sure Maddog is selling a complete OS legal race bike  :daumenhoch:

QuadPaul

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 05:45 PM »
Hi Mate, welcome to the site, enjoy :daumenhoch:

Best place is to just keep checking the for sale board on here or ebay.

With the OS racing, it's any bike with 1" threaded headset and no canti mount brakes, so most Bikes up to early 90's qualify for this. 80's bikes tend to have shorter Top tubes and can be sketchy to race but look the part, where as late 80's/early 90's generally have longer TT's and feel more stable.

macdude

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 05:59 PM »
Thanks for the advise guys ! Think Madd Dogg bought my Kuwahara laserlight 24" not so long ago from me...not sure ?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Where to buy complete OS Bikes ?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx