gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975655 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 08, 2024, 08:54 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  BOSS FREESTYLER QUESTION
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: BOSS FREESTYLER QUESTION  (Read 785 times)

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Wanted. Huffy Pro Thunder bikes and parts.
  • Rated:
BOSS FREESTYLER QUESTION
« on: February 01, 2010, 10:58 PM »
DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE DIFFERENCE IS BETWEEN THE BOSS COMPETITION FREESTYLER AND THE PRO FREESTYLER IS?  I'VE GOT SOME PFS DECALS BUT AM NOT TO SURE. I'M JUST ABOUT TO REFURB THE ONE PICTURED BELOW.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 11:11 PM by PRO THUNDER »

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: BOSS FREESTYLER QUESTION
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2010, 07:48 PM »
looks like the pro freestyler you've got there mate,(got the same in chrome) the competition one had a cable guide on the seatube -a purple one was on us e-bay just a couple of days ago  :daumenhoch:

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2010, 10:35 PM »
I've just sent this off to the powder coaters, I think it did have the cable that ran down the down tube and then up the seat tube.  You can just make out the cable guide on the picture below just before I sent it off.  So this must make it an 88-89 model??   So does that mean that the Pro Freestyler didn't have the cable guides?

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2010, 10:49 PM »
Just checked out BMX Museum and it does look like the Pro freestyler didn't have the cable guides and that seems to be the only difference. Also it looks like the model I have is circa 87.   :daumenhoch:

Offline gary4130

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2010, 08:51 PM »
what colour are you having it done mate ?was going to say '88-'89 for year of build got my chrome one early '89 i think .good frames 8)
 must get mine restoed some time  :daumenhoch:

Offline PRO THUNDER

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2010, 09:29 PM »
YOUR RIGHT, I'VE JUST FOUND A TEST DONE IN BMX PLUS AND IT LOOKS LIKE MID TO LATE 88.  I'M GETTING IT BACK AT THE END OF THE WEEK FROM THE POWDER COATERS, AND IT'S GOING TO BE BLACK FRAME, FORKS AND BARS.  THEY SEEMED TO HAVE BEEN STOCKED AS STANDARD WITH ODYSSEY PARTS, AND I'VE GOT ALL THOSE IN WHITE AS WELL READY TO BUILD, EVEN GOT BOSS FREESTYLE BARS , WHICH ARE LIKE ROCKIN HORSE SH*T TO FIND. WHEN I'VE BUILT IT , I'LL POST IN IT ON HERE.  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  BOSS FREESTYLER QUESTION

gfxgfx
gfx gfx