gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 02, 2024, 09:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  this might be tricky
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: this might be tricky  (Read 913 times)

Ladis

this might be tricky
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:38 PM »
Hello everybody,

just got the hint, that you guys from RADBMX might be able to help me:

I´m looking for a older UK BMX magazine edition from probably 83/84 or so...don´t know the name of any of they 80íes UK BMX magazines but what I do remeber is, that in there was an report of a UK BMXer...(don´t ask me for a name)..BUT, what I do know is, that he could bunnyhop over a bench and there was a picture of him doing it....I think in big letters was written: I CAN DO IT...

Well I know, chances may be next to zero that somebody knows what kind of magazine it was or can copy or scan this report, but who knows - we BMXers are a crazy bunch, aren`t we...? 

Thanks alot for reading and even more for helping!

Cheers, Ladis

monkian

Re: this might be tricky
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 03:54 PM »

Ladis

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2010, 04:05 PM »
Thanks for the links ....

One general question- Whats the name of the UK BMX-mags in the time 81 - 86...were there diffent mags?  I simply just know what to look for... ;)

Thanks alot,

Ladis

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2010, 04:13 PM »
I think the pic you remember is of Andy Ruffell bunny hopping a bench in a park in Walthamstow, but it was early, probably 1981 :daumenhoch:
The first UK mag was OBMX-Official BMX
Then BMXA-bmx action bike.
The first publication though was BMX news, started late 1980,

My memory aint great so I stand to be corrected :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Ladis

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 04:20 PM »
yes - thanks---this might be the right path...so I´m looking for a "BMX-news" or "OBMX" edition.... :daumenhoch:
Just had look at 23MAg and vintagebmx for the scans of mags...most of them were US magazines and seldom UKs...Is there any other place to find scans of UK bmx mags?

Ladis

baldbmxer

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2010, 05:05 PM »
Was that the piccy of Gary Prosser bunny hopping a park bench in Middlesborough? Kind of hanging his back wheel on the top as he's tucked right over the back wheel?

Ladis

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2010, 06:33 PM »
jes - I remember that the guy bunnyhopping the bench had nearly a hook-up...the rear wheel was quite flat...hehe, but he pulled it....I´ve got the feeling we´re getting nearer...do you know the mag or year or even issue?...

Thanks, Ladis

TIMMO1966

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Definately Gary Prosser,one of my fave photos from BMX Action Bike

lodge

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2010, 08:57 PM »
That pic has been posted in a thread on here, cant recall what the thread was about though.

SaMAlex

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2010, 09:02 PM »
Was that the piccy of Gary Prosser bunny hopping a park bench in Middlesborough? Kind of hanging his back wheel on the top as he's tucked right over the back wheel?

Deff that one. "I Can do That" written on the page  :daumenhoch:

lodge

« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2010, 09:10 PM »
the pic is on the first page of this thread, if anyone knows how to post it in this thread it would be cool.
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=58140.0

mark 2

« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 09:33 PM »

Ladis

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2010, 06:57 AM »
He-you guys are the greatest - that`s exactly what I was looking for... :daumenhoch:.....So we have the magazine: BMXAB No 7.....What year was that? GP ist riding a Kuwi KZ1 so I think early 80ies...any chance to see the whole article of Gary Posser? Or somewhere to download the MAgazine? (like the US mags at 23mag.com...?)

I´ll have to look through my old magazines - I´m sure I still have some UK magazines from 86-87.....(skateboarding was included, so I think it must be that time...or even later)

CU - Ladis

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  this might be tricky

gfxgfx
gfx gfx