gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 03:31 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Advice on posting f/f from us
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Advice on posting f/f from us  (Read 603 times)

jonboi

Advice on posting f/f from us
« on: January 27, 2010, 08:24 PM »
Hi there, ive bought a f/f (kuwie :smitten:) from us,  the seller ask me " wots best to put on the paperwork to assure smooth transaction " ie customs, any one  had any expierience? thanks,

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Advice on posting f/f from us
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 08:28 PM »
I always just get them to mark as gift and a value of $20 .. otherwise you'll be stung for charges by customs and parcel force

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 09:18 PM »
watch out if u mark something up as a gift or $20 to avoid import tax as if it goes missing u can only claim the $20 back

Offline Tefore

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 09:48 PM »
had the above happen to me and could only claim a small amount. depends on value mate if its expensive dont take the risk but gotta say the us postage system is way better than ours the trouble happens when it hits our shores

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35 PM »

Items up to around $80 in value I ask 'em to mark at $50 and GIFT - it's worth the risk as you'll get most of it back if it gets lost I reckon but for frame n forks etc or full bikes I get them to mark the true value down. I always get them to use USPS Priority International Service and for about $5 or so extra you can get it insured up to around $500  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

moley

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2010, 10:48 PM »
USPS is the best.

I never  lost anything when tracked and never lost any smaller cheaper items that aren't tracked.   They make the post office look shite.

Dont use UPS as they are expensive and they always (for me anyway) get caught by customs and (some) even if they are marked by gift and low value.  They are complete fookers.

I've had loads of cheap shite from Japan (games consoles stuff, gadgets etc, etc) and all marked gift and all get stung going through UPS.   To get your money back then you have to go through a long drawn out reclaim procedure.   It not worth the hassle.

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2010, 12:06 AM »
watch out if u mark something up as a gift or $20 to avoid import tax as if it goes missing u can only claim the $20 back

how do they know it was marked up as 20 dollar if it's gone missing?
ding dong

moley

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2010, 04:07 PM »

how do they know it was marked up as 20 dollar if it's gone missing?

If its insured then you might need to put the value in.......  ???

Offline jT Racing

• BMX Overlord
  • i like bikes. :/
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2010, 02:54 PM »
when i send a package abroad and it's insured, it's insured up to a certain amount. If it goes out of the EU, i fill in a separate customs form that goes with the package. the package is still insured up to a certain amount and the value get's no mention on any receipt. Maybe it's different in the states.
ding dong

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Advice on posting f/f from us

gfxgfx
gfx gfx