gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 09:35 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hammered deep "H" stem refurb 13 years later and still going on about
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: hammered deep "H" stem refurb 13 years later and still going on about  (Read 26668 times)

martylaa

Re: hammered deep "H" stem refurb 13 hrs later
« Reply #125 on: February 03, 2010, 04:01 PM »
neil i still love ya mate, hopefully catch up with ya over the next week as discussed :daumenhoch:

neiljonarcus

« Reply #126 on: February 03, 2010, 04:02 PM »
neil i still love ya mate, hopefully catch up with ya over the next week as discussed :daumenhoch:

yeah martin no problem

scary_leary

« Reply #127 on: February 03, 2010, 04:06 PM »
Think your mistaking bullying with an opinion..
If I chip in, I explain why:
I didn’t like this stem because I don’t agree with grinding quarter inch off.
Didn’t like the Senior pro turning into a Turbo, or polishing  dropouts wafer thin to rid them of washer marks.

Also sick of seeing endless pics of polishing mops  :LolLolLolLol:

moanjam

« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2010, 04:13 PM »
how about a big meet on the motorway somewhere one gang against the other  :) proper lads against the keyboard warriors  ;)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2010, 04:14 PM »
can we all give it a rest now please guys?  or this ones getting locked down  :police:

neiljonarcus

« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2010, 04:21 PM »
Didn’t like the Senior pro turning into a Turbo, or polishing  dropouts wafer thin to rid them of washer marks.

1/4 of inch there would have been no stem left . and drop outs wafer thin i weld my sunna  and finaly just for the record what resto work have you done to show us ?

neiljonarcus

« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2010, 04:27 PM »

1/4 of inch there would have been no stem left . and drop outs wafer thin i weld my sunna  and finaly just for the record what resto work have you done to show us ?

by the way mister scary leary can you tell me and probaly many others what method you would have used on the stem  please

ozone

« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2010, 04:53 PM »
i think j.t sums it up perfectly........... :4_17_5: :4_17_5:

its always the same 3 that go after the next victim...... :-X :-X :-X

and funny as they have all posted on this thread..  ??? ???

£500 is alot for a stem  :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: :shocked: what about earning money from the community...thought it wasnt allowed!  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

stick to SR stems they are cheaper and keep  the sly comments and remarks to yourselves. Best for the community. :) :)

James. :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain: :Great_Britain:

Nick, you need to switch the CAPS LOCK on if you are going post stuff using BamBam's account. ;D

tigerbrown

« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2010, 05:47 PM »
please can we just leave this now and wait for my new build coming out so the 3 stooges can rip it to bits   :LolLolLolLol:

hurry up then!!! this is better than watching the soaps :daumenhoch:

Offline beard1973

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2010, 05:50 PM »
AAnd I thought we had the 'drama' on burnerworld...  :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol: :LolLolLolLol:

moanjam

« Reply #135 on: February 03, 2010, 06:05 PM »

by the way mister scary leary can you tell me and probaly many others what method you would have used on the stem  please

::)

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #136 on: February 03, 2010, 06:13 PM »
nice bit of work in my book. million times better than it was.  :daumenhoch:

tigerbrown

« Reply #137 on: February 03, 2010, 06:21 PM »
nice bit of work in my book. million times better than it was.  :daumenhoch:

forget all the BS.... thats the point exactly aint it???? it was fooked bigtime :daumenhoch:

donkeybambam

« Reply #138 on: February 03, 2010, 06:22 PM »
exactly!!!!!!!

james. :Great_Britain:

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #139 on: February 03, 2010, 07:11 PM »

what is the big deal with this fookin stem ? neil took what was a pretty shagged stem and re-finished it the way that he wanted to , if he chooses to polish his tackle then surely it is his business  :idiot2: i agree with some of the comments regarding his resto work and yes , the stem could have been repaired by welding and filling the dents with alloy to restore it to a more original finish but at the end of the day this is neils choice surely . i do feel that he is getting a bit of a raw deal from certain members which i think is unfair .

it always amazes me that he can turn around his projects so fast ( mine seem to take forever ) but this just shows what passion he has for his hobby . if we all built our bikes to original spec then they would all look the same , where's the fun in that ? dont get me wrong , i love to see a factory spec bike which is perfect down to the last detail but some of the parts are difficult or impossible to find .

i say keep doing what you want neil , build them the way you want them as at the end of the day it is all down to personal choice what parts and what finish / colour you use .

love him or loathe him , he certainly has a passion for bmx and that's what is important . i met him briefly at mk and he seems to be a nice guy , though i never saw his ball sack and think my life will be richer for that !

Offline HUTCHMAN

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #140 on: February 03, 2010, 07:12 PM »
i feel sure Neil did it this way, because he wanted it this way. He no doubt knows the square edges could be achieved with wet and dry on a flat plate,sanding the stem back and forth. I'm in the middle of doing an old DK stem. The edges are so sharp you could shave with it!!

scary_leary

« Reply #141 on: February 03, 2010, 07:48 PM »
Ffs elvis i might not be as active as i once was but you’re not the first to polish bmx parts. My parents have a old lighting business so ive sent many hours on a machine polisher.
I was using translucent powercoat 5years ago, ive done bikes in all colours, replacing crossbars, dyeing and recovering seats.. getting shit for posting a “how to de-anodize” picture thread without the correct gloves. I even won os-bmx bike of the year in 2004.
I only gave my honest opinion, sorry for not sucking your c0ck like the rest.

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #142 on: February 03, 2010, 08:02 PM »
Some with think it's a rescued stem, other will think it's ruined. If you post something on an open forum then you must be prepared for differing opinions to yours - If you don't like criticism, don't leave yourself open to it (ie don't post it).

scary_leary

« Reply #143 on: February 03, 2010, 08:06 PM »

The correct method would be to alloy weld fill and machine back.. by a "professional"

moanjam

« Reply #144 on: February 03, 2010, 08:07 PM »

:2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #145 on: February 03, 2010, 08:10 PM »
THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT THE FOOKING STEM, SO STOP PRETENDING IT IS.

FFS.

hide behind purism all you want, i think the root of this has been dragged clearly to the surface, and hopefully, once it dies down, will reflect positvely on us moving forward?

or not...

its like old ravers, sitting in the corner, moaning like it aint how it used to be..

know what i mean?

scary_leary

« Reply #146 on: February 03, 2010, 08:18 PM »

but this just shows what passion he has for his hobby .

Does he fook.. he loves all the attention and all the money his quick builds bring..
One mintue its his childhood dream build the next its on ebay, one minute its on the wall (while he take an attention photo).. the next its stripped n sold.

He even says "who wants first dib dobs before ebay" when its already been listed and retracted from fookin ebay!

Please don't pm me again calling me out.

Offline Jt

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #147 on: February 03, 2010, 08:29 PM »
the truth outs.

dannywhiteley

« Reply #148 on: February 03, 2010, 08:37 PM »
Its not like its a historical artifact thats been defaced by vandals, its an old BMX stem that was banged up to fook and now its nice and shiny. 

Offline Dark Diggler

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #149 on: February 03, 2010, 08:40 PM »
Whats the matter Kid, don't ya like clowns? Don't we make you laugh? Aint we fukkin funny?

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  hammered deep "H" stem refurb 13 years later and still going on about

gfxgfx
gfx gfx