gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975760 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 29, 2024, 08:40 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Fun at the track
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Fun at the track  (Read 949 times)

Offline reilley1

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
Fun at the track
« on: October 15, 2005, 05:19 PM »
I went to Kearny Moto-Park in San Diego last night.  I haven't been there in almost 15 years and have not been on the track for even longer than that.  I took the Kawasaki and the PK just for fun.

I signed up for an ABA membership and even though I got there late, I decided to take a few laps practice.  I took the 90s Ripper for a few laps and kept smiling as the kids jumped around me. Some of the dads and older riders made a few friendly comments.

The PK might have been out of place, but it was nothing compared to when I took the Kawasaki around the track.  Oddly enough, I seemed to be going "faster" (In relative terms of course--being the worst BMXer ever) and had a great time playing a slow-motion version of David Clinton. 

The last practice lap, i decided to actually pedal and when I came around the first berm, the old muscle-memory came back and I swooped in low and came out high like the old Malachi-crunch routine I had perfected back in the day.  In the process, I almost took out a freight-train of 6 year old novices who were coming out of the corner..   :devil:

I rode around the spectator area, explaining to people who asked about the bike and telling them I had been  at Kearny when it opened back in 76. 

The track operator, (i forgot his name sorry) came up to me and said "You must be Reilley."  and asked if I wanted to do the parade lap.  I was honored to do so.

Maybe next year I'll go back to the track and actually RACE... :)

Ahh...the lives of BMX dinosaurs.

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Fun at the track
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 07:12 PM »
Sounds like a fun day out Rei'.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Fun at the track
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:35 PM »
I almost took out a freight-train of 6 year old novices who were coming out of the corner

lol get out the way old man  ;D.
dave the bmxing gypo

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Fun at the track

gfxgfx
gfx gfx