gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975770 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 06, 2024, 09:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Everyone happy with their collection?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Everyone happy with their collection?  (Read 2444 times)

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
Everyone happy with their collection?
« on: January 25, 2010, 07:03 PM »
We are continually changing our minds, selling our builds and parts lol, even half way through a build, something else pops up and you think oh yeah I'll take that on too, then you end up with about 5 or 10 builds on the go and its costing an arm and a leg nowadays to complete these bikes. I will say now though, apart from the tempting White Master's that show up on here in the "for sale" section, I think after 7 or 8 years of collecting I've got everything I need now to complete the bikes I always wanted as a kid and I've gone from 24 builds down to 11 and that will reduce eventually down to about 8 of the bikes I will deffo always keep. I will sell my retro quad, 87 haro sport f/f and my new school kuwahara cruiser now just to put some cash towards things I'm concentrating on now i.e. little Evie / Family / Holidays etc... 

So do you think you will ever get that complete collection of bikes you've always wanted, and built to the specs you want? (Radman not included here lol). With hoarding continuing and parts getting harder to find, do you think you will ever finish your builds? I think finally I will now, but it is shocking to think that one of my builds has taken about 2 1/2 years to find all the bits. But it is good to know that finally everything will be done and ready to put on show in my office this year, but its taken forever it feels like to get here. Only thing that will be left to do is a 84 Pro Performer that's been in my loft for years and years, that will probably be a build i'll do in the longterm future and maybe one of my last, unless a nice Master appears again lol.

Matt  :)

dannywhiteley

Re: Everyone happy with their collection?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 07:13 PM »
Im more than happy with what ive got.  2.5 years ago I bought an Aero Reflex frame from Biagio 'just to have an oldschool frame and forks'...  I then decided to build it and havent looked back.

Ive constantly traded up, and currently have a fully loaded chrome TA, a white TA frame and forks (that I wont build), a fully built white Rebel Freestyler and a 90% built Rebel race bike.  More than I could ever have hoped for and certainly more than I ever expected (I remember when I thought I had peaked with my second build - the white streetbeat in my sig).

Along the way, ive built and sold a loveley 83 Quadangle and the other rebels (ive owned all the frames they made) in my signature.  Happy daze :smitten:,

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 07:19 PM »
no , as i need blue original gt pads for me performer , did hear someone on here has some but can't think who :-\

Offline Swivel

• Berm Worm
  • Ah feck it, go on then...
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 07:22 PM »
no , as i need blue original gt pads for me performer , did hear someone on here has some but can't think who :-\

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)  :P

Offline WARDY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 07:23 PM »
knew all along :crazy2:

Offline southern andy

• Site Supporter
  • Tail Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2010, 07:33 PM »
Nope, not until i get an MRD then i'll be happy.

I reckon i'm about to offload 1 of my bikes but i don't know which one, either the Kuwahara, the Freeagent, the Mongoose or the Quadangle.

I just want something a little bit special and none of those builds of mine are but an MRD would be.
One build a year, the only way to get it right. No rushing involved.

martylaa

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 07:36 PM »
Yep got nothing else i want to build now:
Hutch Judge
Hutch Pro Star
Mongoose Eric Rupe
Diamondback Harry Leary
Kuwahara Exhibionist ( lad in oz wants me to sell it to him, might go )
Skyway T/A ( sold )
and my secret build.....
not buying or building anymore once i have finished my last one
mind you those nomura cruisers keep getting my eye :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 07:38 PM by martylaa »

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 07:46 PM »
Almost  :)

Just need......

75 or 76 goose  :-\
an 82 pro-class  ::)
a mototrac  :shocked:

:daumenhoch:

Oh.... and to build everything else I've got  :LolLolLolLol:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 08:37 PM by bobafett »
mongoositis - an expensive disease......

Offline HARORIDER

• Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 08:07 PM »
got a very special project that i would love to do but would just cost way too much money so unless i win the lottery...........

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 08:12 PM »
I've got about 4 builds I need to complete or have to start but I'm waiting for chroming or powder work to be done before I can get a move on with them. Once they're done I'm going to call it a day and just sit back and enjoy them hanging on the wall of the shop. ;)

But my collection will then be:-

Raleigh Aero Pro Team Burner '84
GT Pro Performer '85
Haro Master '86
Skyway TA '83
SE Quadangle '84
SE PK Ripper '83

I think that'll make some nice looking artistic pieces on the wall.

Offline bodamus

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 08:55 PM »
No never happy that's why I always sell everything.

Everything is for sale if the price is right ::)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2010, 09:08 PM »
I've got about 4 builds I need to complete or have to start but I'm waiting for chroming or powder work to be done before I can get a move on with them. Once they're done I'm going to call it a day and just sit back and enjoy them hanging on the wall of the shop. ;)

But my collection will then be:-

Raleigh Aero Pro Team Burner '84
GT Pro Performer '85
Haro Master '86
Skyway TA '83
SE Quadangle '84
SE PK Ripper '83

I think that'll make some nice looking artistic pieces on the wall

lovely mix of bikes that is mate  :smitten:

Offline Rombloke

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • do one
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2010, 09:48 PM »
no

Dave
haro, how do you do

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2010, 09:57 PM »
Yes  8)

Broggie

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2010, 08:12 AM »
I have enjoyed what I have had so far.  Was sad to see some go, but needed to ride, not just collect.  Will get rid of a couple more soon (Retro Rippers).  I think the only bike I still want now would be a pro performer.

Will be keeping one 06 sport, and the Group one as they are nice rides.

I quite like the GT chucker XS1-09 I got late last year too

I will never sell my Mk2 Chopper though.

Ray.

Offline Mattdub

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2010, 08:29 AM »
Overall , yes . Got another 8 currently to do , that may grow but no plans to scale down .

Offline phantom photon

• Cherry Picker
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2010, 12:01 PM »
I'm happy with my current collection - no plans for any more builds at the moment  :daumenhoch:

4 DP Freestylers and a DB Silver Streak  :smitten:

xGoose

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2010, 12:23 PM »
2.5 years ago I bought an Aero Reflex frame from Biagio 'just to have an oldschool frame and forks'...

Same here, my cous bought a repro mag burner about 2 years ago and thats what triggered it. I bought a Cali f+f for the same reason but then that opened a big can of worms! ;D Trouble is I thought Id stop after my 'one old school build' but I always see bits and pieces that are just too tempting, get offered stuff from mates etc. I was gonna build ONE bike and be done with it but now have 3 to do this year already, including a lil build off with Mr Norty40!  ;D Plus a brand new NS race bike to start racing!

Talk about snowball effect, wouldnt change it tho! ;)

« Last Edit: January 27, 2010, 12:26 PM by xGoose »

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Everyone happy with their collection?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx