gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 23, 2024, 07:24 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Your comments please Gentlemen
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Your comments please Gentlemen  (Read 2315 times)

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
Re: Your comments please Gentlemen
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2010, 11:21 PM »

So... What is it for definate and how unusual or have I got just some strange cock-a-doodle-do up ?

For definite ? Who knows........... Without further examples the same as this I'd have to say it is either a prototype that slipped out to the general public or just a welding cock-up BITD either way..........RARE !

How did you say you came about the frame ? Can you trace back any further with a previous owner ?

The chrome is in bad shape so I am tempted to get it re chrome but still not sure !

I would try some of the restoration techniques on here to bring some life back to the chrome and then build it up.

You'd be surprised how good a survivor frame can looked with fresh decals & padset surounded by a nice selection of parts.

At the end of the day what have you got to lose ? Build it as a survivor and if you are really unhappy with the end results it's cost you nothing but an extra set of decals - you could then re-chrome it if you felt it was absolutely necessary.

But for me it should be left as a survivor.

My biggest broblem would be chosing mongoose or blue max decals  :-X :LolLolLolLol:

Maybe a mongoose down tube decal and gusset blue max chain stay decals  :shocked: ;D

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

bmxbob

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2010, 10:57 AM »
Blue max cali style frame with drop down drop outs

:daumenhoch:

Offline bobafett

• Team Mechanic
  • Tail Whip
  • mongoose addict
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2010, 11:02 AM »

Yep - they're the standard step down dropouts on that one bud  :daumenhoch:

mongoositis - an expensive disease......

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Your comments please Gentlemen

gfxgfx
gfx gfx