gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975655 Posts in 138929 Topics by 6351 Members - Latest Member: Spencerkidd July 08, 2024, 04:07 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Retro OM Flyer
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Retro OM Flyer  (Read 840 times)

Rodgy1970

Retro OM Flyer
« on: January 19, 2010, 11:51 AM »
Thinking about getting one of these, what ya reckon  :)

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Retro OM Flyer
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2010, 01:01 PM »
go for the Floval instead......much nicer to ride in my oppinion  :daumenhoch:

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2010, 03:08 PM »
All depends on what you want it for really.

The OM is a 26" that you can cover a few miles on in reasonable comfort and at the same time can be fairly fun too. I would change the headset and freewheel pretty quickly though as they won't stand much abuse.

I haven't ridden the Floval, but it's a 24" and I found a 24"er too small for going any distance on, but great for a bit of dirt/track action.

Rodgy1970

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2010, 05:49 PM »
Looking for something just to pop to the shops really, but maybe do a wee bit of distance, be good to have that option.  :)

Have been looking at the 24" bikes and reckon they'd be a load of fun, but no where really near me to take advantage of that and might be limited on the distance and the one I'd like is too much money  :-\

Looks like OM FLyer might be the ticket  :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 05:52 PM by rodgy1970 »

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Looking for something just to pop to the shops really, but maybe do a wee bit of distance, be good to have that option.  :)

Have been looking at the 24" bikes and reckon they'd be a load of fun, but no where really near me to take advantage of that and might be limited on the distance and the one I'd like is too much money  :-\

Does it need to be retro - if not a Charge Stove is ok as a pub bike

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 09:53 PM »
I had the Floval, it was too near the 20" riding experience for me so I went to the OM, well worth the switch.  :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Rodgy1970

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 04:10 PM »

Does it need to be retro - if not a Charge Stove is ok as a pub bike

Doesn't have to be retro, came across the OM while I was looking for a single speed and thought it was a good bike for the money.  :)

Had a quick look for the Charge Stove but couldn't turn one up, Wiggle were selling them at £250 a while back but they've no stock left. :(

Rodgy1970

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 04:17 PM »
I had the Floval, it was too near the 20" riding experience for me so I went to the OM, well worth the switch.  :daumenhoch:

How do you get on with just a rear brake?

Is the fork drilled for a front caliper?

:)

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 05:26 PM »

i have a om flyer , got it from stodgy at the rad shop and cant fault it . candy red  :smitten: as has already been said , it is great for riding any distance and is a perfect size for me at 6 2" . regarding the brake question , mine came with front and rear brakes but i chose not to fit the front ( does anyone run a front brake on a cruiser ? )

Offline Moose

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 06:16 PM »

( does anyone run a front brake on a cruiser ? )

I doubt it  :LolLolLolLol:

Offline sparky

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2010, 09:53 PM »

How do you get on with just a rear brake?

Is the fork drilled for a front caliper?

:)

It came with a front also, but the rear stops it no problem. :daumenhoch:
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Offline R Al

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 10:33 AM »
Bought this one off Stodgy, was originally candy red but he had it repainted, got a few more OS parts on it now.  One of my favourite bikes and a perfect run about.  Was great round Centre Parcs.

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 11:15 AM »
i'm sure they're great, personally for a 26"er i'd rather go for a MTB and have the best of both worlds  :daumenhoch:

i shed load more expensive though i guess and not very retro looking but a lot more bike.

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Retro OM Flyer

gfxgfx
gfx gfx