gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975768 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 05, 2024, 01:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  PayPal Question
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: PayPal Question  (Read 422 times)

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
PayPal Question
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:55 AM »

Like a lot of people on here I dont mind paying by PayPal Gift to fellow Radster's!  :)

BUT  ???

When we do a deal oversea's for instance, how do we make a PayPal Goods payment and pay the charges, so we have protection with our purchase? I thought there was a box you could tick so sender paid charges, or is it a question of adding the percentage charge to your purchase?

Thanks  :daumenhoch:

monkian

Re: PayPal Question
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:39 PM »
I sent a Gift payment to someone in the States and got an option to pay the fee ???
It's probably safer to pay as 'Goods' and just add the extra 3.4% or whatever it is to the payment :D

Always an element of trust involved. Might be a good idea to see if anyone on here has some history with them ??? :daumenhoch:

mark 2

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:01 PM »
Me and Simon (Zippy) both bought a pair of Kashi's from someone on bmxmuseum we didn't know. Did it regular payment and thank frig we did. That was november 5th they were paid for, neither of us got anything and both got a claim in for a refund 6 weeks later. Worth paying the fee's if you're going in blind on a purchase. They claimed they were sent, tracking numbers didn't work and 10 weeks later still nothing for both of us. Funny that.....Unless you got yours Si? Not asked you for a few weeks....

To answer your question you don't do it through the personal payment tab you do it through purchases.

Offline 20to26

• Site Supporter
  • Look Back
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 03:17 PM »
I think the option to pay for charges is for exchange rate transactions innit?

Anyhow I always ask the seller to invoice me via paypal to my paypal address - if they don't want to then you can smell a rat or an ignorant user who may just need some enlightning - however I've not had one seller refuse to send me a paypal invoice before.

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 04:33 PM »

Does that mean if you are invoiced you are protected?

Offline BMX1973

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2010, 09:02 AM »
 ::)

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  PayPal Question

gfxgfx
gfx gfx