gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975622 Posts in 138926 Topics by 6348 Members - Latest Member: Dannygee June 23, 2024, 03:48 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mat Hoffman'S EVEL KNIEVEL BIKES INFO NEEDED!!
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Mat Hoffman'S EVEL KNIEVEL BIKES INFO NEEDED!!  (Read 17053 times)

wadzes

Mat Hoffman'S EVEL KNIEVEL BIKES INFO NEEDED!!
« on: January 15, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Hey i could use some info from you guy's. I want to know the production numbers of Hoffman bikes Evel Knievel tributes bikes. the white one & wembley.  :daumenhoch:

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Mat Hoffman'S EVEL KNIEVEL BIKES INFO NEEDED!!
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2010, 01:27 PM »
stodgy dave would be your man for that i'd think.
he was hoffman mad lol.
dave the bmxing gypo

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2010, 01:50 PM »
I'm sure I read somewhere 2000 for the White EK & 1000 for the Wembley, but I'm not 100% on that.
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

condor96

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2010, 07:20 PM »
I'm sure I read somewhere 2000 for the White EK & 1000 for the Wembley, but I'm not 100% on that.

sounds about spot on there. id have to double check through all my stuff  ;)

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2010, 07:59 PM »
Reminds me I must get round to building thi one day.  :LolLolLolLol:

spesh

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2010, 10:35 PM »

i cant beleive you still have that si :daumenhoch:

Offline fugazi

• Site Supporter
  • 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 10:48 PM »

What a beast of a frame! I can remember a dude from Cambs area riding One of those, it was beaten to hell but was still going strong, I wonder how many are still about?
Do you grovel to your master? Do you beg like a dog?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 11:06 PM »
If I can get the decal scans from Stodgy then I have a guy that canmake the decals for it. If I can do that I'll build it.

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:30 PM »
There was a MTB in the for sale section with Evel decals on it :)
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=101053.0
« Last Edit: January 15, 2010, 11:34 PM by Gary72 »

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2010, 12:27 AM »
That had the wembley edition decas which are quite common.

The original EK decals are like rocking horse poop. I did  buy a set from a guy in the states but he took the money and ran.  >:(

spesh

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2010, 03:13 PM »
There was a MTB in the for sale section with Evel decals on it :)
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=101053.0

i can peel them off for you :daumenhoch:

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2010, 07:16 PM »
hey zippy,i've got part of the decals if it's any use to you? it's only the right side but maybe you can scan and reverse the image?

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2010, 09:33 PM »
 :shocked:

Yes please. I'll pm you.

Offline Zippy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2010, 10:12 PM »
Right then, thanks to egg I think I've got this one sorted. I spoke to my graphics man today who's now got the one side of the decal and he says he can flip it for the other side and switch the writing round as well so it all makes sense. I'm letting him have the frame and he's going to create the other decals from pictures of Stodgy's frame in the museum.

So the upshot of it is I should be able to get a fair few sets made for other collectors as I only know of two complete sets and one's not selling and the other set although technically mine the seller isn't sending them.

egg will obviuosly get a couple of free sets.  :daumenhoch:

okieauction

« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2010, 08:11 PM »
Hi
I was just searching some stuff on google to see how there new update is missing my items on website and i ran into your post. If the bike is an original hoffman. Dont put any scanned decals on it. You are devalueing it.  About 5 years ago when hoffman shut down his oklahoma operation there was a auction for the remaining inventory. We picked up al lot of new original hoffman parts. We also was able to meet hoffman and check out there facilities no wonder there was no work getting done around there. I never seen a office buiding with a half pipe in it lol We also picked up many of the original decals. We had the white hoffman evel kneivel decal sets but the sold like hot cakes on Ebay. I think they were from the first bike. But we do have the other decals. We have them listed on okieauction.com and also on ebay listed under joypom52.  I hope this can help and i see that this is a old post.[http://www.okieauction.com/auction_details.php?name=MAT-HOFFMAN-EVEL-KNIEVEL-WEMBLEY-STADIUM-STICKER-SET-&auction_id=100110]
rog
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 08:15 PM by okieauction »

okieauction

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2010, 08:22 PM »
Zippy also did you buy those on ebay that the guy took your money and ran if so tell me the user name of the ebay user. If it was my company we will look into it and get you your stickers. We were the only ones selling them on ebay the past few years. But we can look into to see why you didnt get your stickers

Offline egg

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2012, 07:13 PM »
seeing as this thread has been brought up again i don't suppose anyone on here is in touch with zippy?
i know he is no longer on here but i've  sent him pm's via rewind in the past and been ignored >:( as you can see in the thread i sent him some original E.K decals and part of the deal was to send me a few sets for my trouble but i've not heard from him since? if someone could give him a nudge i'd appreciate it :daumenhoch:

Offline Gary72

• Site Supporter
  • BMX Nerd
  • Rated:
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2012, 09:10 PM »
seeing as this thread has been brought up again i don't suppose anyone on here is in touch with zippy?
i know he is no longer on here but i've  sent him pm's via rewind in the past and been ignored >:( as you can see in the thread i sent him some original E.K decals and part of the deal was to send me a few sets for my trouble but i've not heard from him since? if someone could give him a nudge i'd appreciate it :daumenhoch:
He was running a bike shop, I'm sure if you have a search aorund on rewind you could find the name of it and call him.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2012, 11:49 AM »
He was running a bike shop, I'm sure if you have a search aorund on rewind you could find the name of it and call him.

Good thinking  ^"^   :daumenhoch:

Never answers pm's on rewind  :-\

I bet Sam meticus or Andy 58 delray can easily get hold of him for you  :)

Good luck 

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Mat Hoffman'S EVEL KNIEVEL BIKES INFO NEEDED!!

gfxgfx
gfx gfx