gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 02:22 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Peregrine semi pros
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Peregrine semi pros  (Read 16116 times)

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
Re: Peregrine semi pros
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2010, 10:56 AM »
I seem to remember the semi-pro rims as being single wall only, as opposed to double walled?

Nah they are double walled too .. all HP, same rims just not chromed .. i also got a set of them here waiting to go off to the chromers to be made into super pros

firebird4130

« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2010, 10:58 AM »
I remember what we call semi pros now being called "standard" then there was chrome rimmed with chrome unsealed hub ones called semis, and then super pros.  but that coulds be just the shop?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2010, 02:56 PM »
HP48s  =  unsealed hubs and anno'd rims

SemiPros  =  Sealed hubs and anno'd rims

SuperPros  =  Sealed hubs and chrome rims.      :)

Offline wildon

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2010, 03:01 PM »

Spot on i recon  ;)

nomad

« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2010, 03:05 PM »

These are the hubs I have, they are stickered as phat jacks, and have sealed bearings. I would use these on my sta, but the rear dropouts are cut for 14mm sadly.

SaMAlex

« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2010, 03:18 PM »

You could also get chrome rims on unsealed hubs. Just to complicate it more  :-\

firebird4130

« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2010, 03:25 PM »

You could also get chrome rims on unsealed hubs. Just to complicate it more  :-\
Yeah I had those too, Thought they were the semi pros at the time coz you were half pro with the chrome rims, but not quite with the unsealed bearing  :LolLolLolLol:

SaMAlex

« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2010, 03:31 PM »
in the early 90s, chrome rims on unsealed hubs were the better ones to get. The axle on the sealed ones were really short and you couldnt fit a socket style peg on them, esp on a frame with a thick dropout. AND it was much easier to get hold of repalcement unsealed axles when you bent them (most days). After a while you could get longer, heat treated sealed axles.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2010, 04:58 PM »

These are the hubs I have, they are stickered as phat jacks, and have sealed bearings. I would use these on my sta, but the rear dropouts are cut for 14mm sadly.

I've had a few sets of HP48s, the ones with the Phat Jack hubs can be used on 10 or 14mm dropouts can't they  ???

christhejob

« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2010, 05:03 PM »
this is a rear superpro hub, ie a UKAI sealed bearing hub, albeit without the peregrine stickers (that's how they came from trend in 91, 130 dollars!). There's a nice rusty standard axle in it.  laced to a sun rim unfortunately,
but if any of you dudes want it for postage costs for a wheel resto just pm me.  i ain't never gonna do anything with it!
chris
« Last Edit: January 11, 2010, 05:05 PM by christhejob »

nomad

« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2010, 05:13 PM »

I've had a few sets of HP48s, the ones with the Phat Jack hubs can be used on 10 or 14mm dropouts can't they  ???

can't seen how, the axle is slotted. I guess it could be changed, I have sorted wheels for the standard now. Gonna sell these now I have dug em out! Anyone clued up on the value of them?

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2010, 05:22 PM »

True enough.  Custom Riders also did SuperPro and/or Sovos hubs laced to Araya rims as I recall.

firebird4130

« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2010, 05:46 PM »
this is a rear superpro hub, ie a UKAI sealed bearing hub, albeit without the peregrine stickers (that's how they came from trend in 91, 130 dollars!). There's a nice rusty standard axle in it.  laced to a sun rim unfortunately,
but if any of you dudes want it for postage costs for a wheel resto just pm me.  i ain't never gonna do anything with it!
chris

pm'd  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 08:24 PM »

can't seen how, the axle is slotted. I guess it could be changed, I have sorted wheels for the standard now. Gonna sell these now I have dug em out! Anyone clued up on the value of them?

I had mine on my 96 Condor which had 14mm dropouts & it rode fine  8) you just turn the axel so the 14mm bit is vertical, I'm sure the reason the have flat sides which are 10mm is so they can be used for both frames with 10 & 14mm dropouts.

As for price, I sold mine for £160 which were mint but lightly used, but this was a few years ago  ???

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 08:53 PM »
can't you just use adapters?  ???

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 09:23 PM »
phat jacks ae designed for both 10 and 14mm and the threads strip of in about 10 seconds.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • I bought a site tag and my girth increased by 10%
  • Rated:
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 09:44 PM »
as already said the phat jaxx are made for 10 & 14mm dropouts, the threads are easily stripped/damaged so im always careful and never remove mine from my red s&m holmes unless i really have to, spare axles are even rarer than the hubs :2funny: :2funny:

anyone remember that custom riders used to do super pro rims but they had no decals and they were chromed by custom riders? they were slightly cheaper than normal super pros but the chrome peeled/bubbled much quicker, looking back i bet they had a load of anno peregrine rims and got them chromed locally real cheap

SaMAlex

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2010, 09:49 PM »
phat jacks ae designed for both 10 and 14mm and the threads strip of in about 10 seconds.

The front ones are great cos in a 10mm slot they dont go all the way into the fork dropout  :crazy2:

Offline harris

• Founding Fathers
  • Hoffman's Love Child
  • Rated:
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2010, 09:50 PM »
so true.

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2010, 10:13 AM »
there is a set of super pro rims built into semi pro unsealed hubs on ebay.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Peregrine-48s-Chrome-Wheels-48s-Haro-Redline-48_W0QQitemZ180455460447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a03fbce5f

will post to the uk to :daumenhoch:

bet they go for good money

firebird4130

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2010, 11:52 AM »
exactly the ones I used to have, that I thought were called semi pros  :daumenhoch:

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2010, 12:06 PM »
there is a set of super pro rims built into semi pro unsealed hubs on ebay.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/NOS-Peregrine-48s-Chrome-Wheels-48s-Haro-Redline-48_W0QQitemZ180455460447QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCycling_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a03fbce5f

will post to the uk to :daumenhoch:

bet they go for good money

There nice  :smitten:

bmxbert

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2010, 02:51 AM »
i have a set of nos semi pro rims (ally) on chrome super pro hubs in nos
also a set of semi pro nos hubs with semi pro rims nos
and a set of fat jacks with chrome fat jack rims. same as super pro used (chrome)
and a set of super pros (used) chrome sealed hubs with chrome rim
and last but not least rare ukai super pro rims in used but ooober tidy condition. with a sealed hub that came standard on khe beater top spec  complete bike

all are for sale so pm me for prices. 

im getting rid of alot of my mid bmx stuff to make rom in my tattoo studio for a tattoo machine building workshop.
time for me to stop playing 20" meccano and start ridding and earning proper money.

ps: please dont think this means i've lost my love for bmx!!!!!!  its still stronger than ever..... just love my daughter more :smitten:
( then bmx close second lol)

firebird4130

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2010, 02:59 AM »
pm'd re semi pro rims and hubs & used super pros :daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 03:07 AM by fraz4130 »

Offline kev-s

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2010, 09:34 AM »
you have a pm bert :daumenhoch: :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Peregrine semi pros

gfxgfx
gfx gfx