gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 30, 2024, 09:25 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Surrey BMX.
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Surrey BMX.  (Read 5288 times)

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Surrey BMX.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2009, 08:53 PM »
I got my first bolt in coaster for Tuff II from Surrey BMX, bus to Clapham Junction, then train to woking  :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2009, 10:13 PM »
never went to alpine  ,only shops i did bitd was walden`s ,cycle city ,custom riders and youngs in lewisham when colin and then andy worked there
no1stuntmaster on instagram

Offline TwoBobRob

• Site Supporter
  • 900 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Bought my Haro Freestyler from Surrey Skates, never knew it as Surrey BMX - are we talking about the same place?

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 07:18 PM »
I went to Alpine Action ( Star Bars ) Waldens ( 401s ) Surrey Skates ( Coaster ) Edwards ( Tuff Neck ) & there was a shop in Pollards Hill which opened up around 84 but I can't remember the name, I got my DX, MX1000, GT Freestyle Tyres, grips etc from here, anyone remember the name of it  ???

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 07:44 AM »
kings cross was so sketchy rail slided off the edge more than once betta when they cut it down 2 a mini my litle boy kept talkin about skateboards so i asked mum if i had anything kickin about at there place she came down with a battered natas and a snapped schmitt stix steve douglas

nice

Offline BUBBS

• BMX Overlord
  • Rated:
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2009, 10:59 PM »
Bought my VDC Changa from Surrey still got the receipt they were also good for Vans

munners

« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2009, 12:31 PM »
Bought my VDC Changa from Surrey still got the receipt they were also good for Vans

You got the VDC though?

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 03:25 PM »
27 Chertsey Road, Woking Surrey.  Surrey Skateboards, the owner has passed away and the son has moved to Cornwall and often knocks out the remainder of their bike stock as well as old skate stuff too,  shopped there many, many times bitd.  here's a pic of the shop back in the skate days....

Better to crash and burn than fade away

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 03:33 PM »
 Who was the punk guy who used to work there,had a dragon or something tattoed on his head/face?

retrogeezer

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 10:23 AM »
I'm sure they had a shop in Camberley as well...although my fading memory can't remember if it was called Surrey BMX or Surrey Cycles..

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 03:20 PM »
I'm sure they had a shop in Camberley as well...although my fading memory can't remember if it was called Surrey BMX or Surrey Cycles..

You could be right Si, I think they did open another shop for a short while but like you my memory is fading; I'll ask my mate Daz who knows the owners sons as he might remember it  :daumenhoch:

Offline stuntmaster

• 540 Air
  • Rated:
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2009, 05:24 PM »
also one of the dudes from surrey skates left and opened up ollies in surbiton as used to get my board`s from there for a bit

Linus27

« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 10:13 PM »

You could be right Si, I think they did open another shop for a short while but like you my memory is fading; I'll ask my mate Daz who knows the owners sons as he might remember it  :daumenhoch:

Yeah that was Surrey Cycles. I don't think they were linked to Surey Skates. Bought all my gear from Surrey Cycles. Great shop. Down the high street oppersite McDonalds.

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 03:02 PM »

Yeah that was Surrey Cycles. I don't think they were linked to Surey Skates. Bought all my gear from Surrey Cycles. Great shop. Down the high street oppersite McDonalds.

I remember it well and the Macca's too  :D

Lee Shurey

« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Got my first bmx from Alpine sports high street kensington 1980 (blue & gold nishiki)  :smitten:
then they moved the bmx side of the shop to notting hill & changed the name to Alpine action not sure what the year was!!

Offline SteveG

• Curb Endo
  • Rated:
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2010, 10:19 AM »

Yes your right, Surrey Cycles did own the shop at Farnborough though

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Surrey BMX.

gfxgfx
gfx gfx