gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 22, 2024, 12:17 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  just a quickie.....
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: just a quickie.....  (Read 1356 times)

waza04

just a quickie.....
« on: January 07, 2010, 06:15 PM »
hi peeps, just wondered if you can use white tuff pads on black tuff wheels, seen a few on show bikes, but mine will be a occasional rider......
will this be ok, or will it cover the rims in white guff, just wanted to check before hand! thanks      :daumenhoch:

waza04

Re: just a quickie.....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57 PM »
i take it all you experts on here cant help, or just dont want to........ ::)

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 08:02 PM »
im no expert mate, nor have i tried it but the idea behind the tuff pads coming in different colours was to stop the brake rub being noticably different in colour to whatever colour tuff you have. it cleans off with a bit of elbow grease and some cif household cleaner so you could always give it a go. 

waza04

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 08:12 PM »
im no expert mate, nor have i tried it but the idea behind the tuff pads coming in different colours was to stop the brake rub being noticably different in colour to whatever colour tuff you have. it cleans off with a bit of elbow grease and some cif household cleaner so you could always give it a go. 

cheers brummie, i just didnt really wanna pay out if they are gonna mark up the rims, white seem to be easier to come by, and im doing a white and black colour scheme, so thought the white on black mx1000 and black tuffs would look nice..... cheers for ya help.  :daumenhoch:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 08:31 PM »
a pleasure mate ;) and sounds very nice, you will have to post a few pics when its done :daumenhoch:

Offline pickle

• Site Supporter
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 09:11 PM »
surely black pads are the easiest to get hold of in any make?   ???

waza04

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 09:28 PM »

im after the real mc'coys for my build mate........ seen loads of  white tuff pads, not many black! :daumenhoch:

waza04

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 09:30 PM »
a pleasure mate ;) and sounds very nice, you will have to post a few pics when its done :daumenhoch:

yeah will do mate, its only a dp gl freestyler................ :2funny:

Offline brummie

• Team Moderator
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 09:31 PM »
have a look on ebay.com mate. a lot cheaper for tuff pads than ebay over here. you could also stick a wanted up on here and see what comes up  :daumenhoch:

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2010, 02:55 PM »

im after the real mc'coys for my build mate........ seen loads of  white tuff pads, not many black! :daumenhoch:

You can dye Skyway Tuff Pads; apparently  ;)

Better to crash and burn than fade away

Offline meticulous

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2010, 03:28 PM »

[/quote]

i've often thought that marty ;),

but surely the dye will not soak all the way through the rubber, so after a couple of stops it will be white brake block again on black rims.... ???
R.I.P  O.M. Far short of the finish line...

Offline MartyC

• Berm Worm
  • Radder than a Rad thing on a Rad day; maybe?
  • Rated:
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2010, 04:38 PM »

i've often thought that marty ;),

but surely the dye will not soak all the way through the rubber, so after a couple of stops it will be white brake block again on black rims.... ???
[/quote]

I know what you are saying but I am sure I've heard/read that people have done it successfully  :-\.

Although, bitd I used to run Koolstop Continental's on my Skyways and they worked better than any other brake pad I ever had.  So much so, I used to run them on my old Road Racing bike (yes; me in lycra  :shocked: happens nearly everyday LOL!) and would run them now if they fitted my brakes  ::).

Better to crash and burn than fade away

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  just a quickie.....

gfxgfx
gfx gfx