gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 21, 2024, 08:32 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Very curious
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Very curious  (Read 1006 times)

dannywhiteley

Very curious
« on: January 04, 2010, 10:07 PM »
My rebel race frame and forks has a very curious feature that ive not seen before.  Basically the forks thread doesnt have the little groove to allow a headset lock ring to fit on.  Anyone seen this before on any other type of frames?

Result is the headset wont tighten up properly as I cant get the notched ring to fit on underneath the locknut.

Offline dordymush

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
Re: Very curious
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 10:16 PM »
cant ya grind it off
dave the bmxing gypo

mamadirt

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:32 PM »
Had a similar problem when restoring an old Orange Clockwork mtb.  Needed the fork steerer thread extending as my small frame only had a very short headtube, consequently the threads needed to extend further down the steerer than the groove.  I just replaced the notched washer with a plain one and once the headset was adjusted correctly it was fine.

Offline CD17

• Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2010, 01:09 PM »
Unless your going to ride it I would do as Dordy says & grind that piece off the headset lockring  :)

& no I have never seen that before  :-\

Offline Bigfrawg

• Flip-Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 02:36 PM »

i've had that trouble before , on what i cant remember but i just filed off the locking ring  :daumenhoch:

dannywhiteley

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2010, 02:53 PM »
That will be the plan...

Its not going to be ridden anyway, so wont be a problem. :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Technical & Reference Section  |  Tech and Restoration  |  Very curious

gfxgfx
gfx gfx