gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975755 Posts in 138933 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 25, 2024, 05:30 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Frame restrorer/ cable & AD990 mounts where to purchase?
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Frame restrorer/ cable & AD990 mounts where to purchase?  (Read 1153 times)

Dr.Robotnik

Frame restrorer/ cable & AD990 mounts where to purchase?
« on: December 21, 2009, 10:45 AM »
Hi All,

I was checking out the massive pile of midschool stuff I got given by an old house-mate and there's an OK Fly Estampida frame in the mix.

It has hacked off 990 and cable guide mounts though, where can I purchase some?

Also it has a couple of little areas where a weld/ braze repair is required, is there anyone who offers this service in the UK cheaply? I normally do things like that myself but don't have the time lately, is there a UK frame doctor on a budget anyone can recommend?

I also have a Volume Dinosaur (I think) with similar issues, so any help is much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Frame restrorer/ cable & AD990 mounts where to purchase?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 10:55 AM »
 :) Sounds like Sawzall`s yer man :daumenhoch:

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 01:03 PM »
How does one get in touch with the legend known as Sawzall? I've heard his name about and seen some good work, but I've not seen him post and offer his services.

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:04 PM »
How does one get in touch with the legend known as Sawzall? I've heard his name about and seen some good work, but I've not seen him post and offer his services.
;)

Drop him a PM and ask if he can help.

BTW,have you seen the latest Ride UK?

Dr.Robotnik

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 07:25 PM »
;)

Drop him a PM and ask if he can help.

BTW,have you seen the latest Ride UK?

I used the email in his profile when I found out how to do that earlier. I should really stop slacking off at work! :uglystupid2: Thanks for the advice, I've checked out a bit of his work and he seems to be the man!

I read some of the new ride last night and by read I mean I glanced at some pictures at about 10:30 before nearly falling asleep on the sofa because I was so tired. Why do you ask is there a frame repairer in it?

Anyway I've got to dash and wolf down a micro wave dinner at my desk, oh the joys of research.

LENNY-LENTINI

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 11:47 PM »
Hey Ed

why not drill the frame and fit a 10mm ACS BOA. I've just fitted one to my '96 S&M Challenger and it looks and works a treat.

I got it from BMXCITY in Grantham. The place had boxes and boxes of Mid Skool gems that they said they couldn't get rid of.

If you need owt for your build give them a shout.    01476 590550    www.bmxcity.co.uk

Keep doin it . Len

HEYWOOD BMX

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 10:27 AM »
 :) Ride P157,you`ve got yer mug in the article about Broadmarsh banks :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Mid School BMX (>87) 1989 to 2003 (<05)  |  Mid School ( Keep the faith )  |  Frame restrorer/ cable & AD990 mounts where to purchase?

gfxgfx
gfx gfx