gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975757 Posts in 138934 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie September 26, 2024, 11:51 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old School back in the fold........not
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Old School back in the fold........not  (Read 3163 times)

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Old School back in the fold........not
« on: December 17, 2009, 09:33 PM »
Looks like Old School is going to be a recognised class at regional level after all  :daumenhoch:

http://www.bmxtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26306
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 10:53 PM by billstup »
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

Offline Bob_Acid

• Team Admin
  • BMX Overlord
  • It's Bronked
  • Rated:
Re: Old School back in the fold
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2009, 09:55 PM »
Good stuff. Now i haven't got injurys stopping me from going to work to worry about i might have a go this year.

Offline RATTY

• Double Flip Whip
  • Rated:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2009, 09:56 PM »
Some good news for a change!!!
Cant wait till I can race properly again :daumenhoch:
A long time ago, in a land far away!

Offline Haro82

• Rockwalk
  • Rated:
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 10:38 PM »
I read it that nothing has changed from the last meeting. You have to buy your Silver membership, pay the full regional race fees but there will be no old school race at the Brits. Although you still qualify for the Brits if you race enough old school races at regional level but you would have to enter masters or 40+ 20" on your old school bike.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 10:42 PM »
Yeah your right, it looks like although it is to be supported at regional level it would only qualify you to ride another age based class at the Brits  :(
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

baldbmxer

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2009, 10:44 PM »
Yeah your right, it looks like although it is to be supported at regional level it would only qualify you to ride another age based class at the Brits  :(

I dont get that.

OS should be at the Brits. its a justified class with way more comptitors than some other classes!

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2009, 10:49 PM »
Sounds like a con because they know 30 riders are turning up for O/S classes , but wont and can't go to the Brits anyway

But they'll make sure the BCF milks them for no gain anyway ,,, Happy days

Like I said before I didn't think O/S fitted in with the brits as it's too srious an atmosphere and no craic

Don't get me wrong the Brits was a fantastic venue/event but if I was gonna race there again I'd do 40+ 20" or cruiser

O/S big event should be left as MK or Preston grands in the North

60 riders at MK like minded individuals , relaxed  , thrills spills fun and plenty of frolics  :D :D :D

as opposed to only 18 for the Brits trophies crapper than a regional one and the fun taken out of it as it's mega organised event

What have WE  gained ,, sweet ,,,F A
« Last Edit: December 18, 2009, 12:18 AM by Hunterdubber »

Offline ron burgundy

• 900 Air
  • Rated:
"Thanks for the Fish Fingers idea... I'm fooking loaded now!!!"

moomin

Re: Old School back in the fold........not
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2009, 08:09 AM »
It's more BCF Bollocks if you ask me  :'(

I still reckon the individual regions should run a series but thats not going to happen so my vote would go to makin MK2010 the official Old School British Champs :daumenhoch:

moley

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2009, 08:56 AM »
I wrote a really long letter to Roger Wilbraham to pass onto the Commission.

I then phoned Roger after the meeting to discuss it.

Nothing has changed since the previous meeting i.e  No Brits.

OS is still a regionally recognised class as it was last year.  It was always recognised by the North Region!!

You can race OS to get the 5 regional races count to be eligible to race the Brits but because there is no OS then you'd have to go into Cruiser or 20" classes based on your age.

To race OS at any regional event then you'll need a Silver BC Membership (+ FREE Provisional Racing License) after the 1st May or after the first 2 summer regionals (whichever is soonest).

The only way to get around the BC Silver Membership is to organise your races at Club Meets.   No BC Membership is required and the race fees will be lower too.  You would also have more control over the venues and dates because there should be more dates that you could choose from.

The OS in the North have decided to race at Regional Level.   It might be cheaper to race at the Club Meets but lack of numbers at Club meets might have a negative effect.  The Craic is flowing Oop North and £36 for an OS'er who races 10+ races out of the 16 per year isn't too bad.  Petrol costs far more.   Plus our region hasn't screwed us over, BC have.  So we'd like to continue to support our region by paying the Full expert race fees.

OS racing is RADBMX so MK is the true OS British Championships.  The OS Grands at Preston is just an additional OS event primarily for us Oop North because thats where it is based.    The Scots will turn out for it and I hope some Southerners make the trip too.   We even allow sandbaggers.

So to recap.   Nothing has changed!!  Still no Brits!!   

moomin

« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2009, 09:05 AM »
Reading T Da B's post it looks like they interpret that the South cannot run a class at Regionals, it is still classed as Novice and the Novice restriction of 1 year then move up applies, ik've asked for clarification cos i'm completely confused  :-[

moley

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2009, 10:55 AM »
Reading T Da B's post it looks like they interpret that the South cannot run a class at Regionals, it is still classed as Novice and the Novice restriction of 1 year then move up applies, ik've asked for clarification cos i'm completely confused  :-[

South Region OS is classed as Expert and everyone would have to pay fees.

The reason why OS is classed as an expert class at Regional level is to close that loophole so that you have to buy the BC Silver membership.  They have made sure that OS cannot go back to a Novice/Open/Novelty class.

If you start a Novice OS Class then it would only be open to newbies who haven't raced expert class yet and then they'd have to move to the Expert OS class after a year.   Anyone who raced OS last year when we could race at the Brits would only be allowed to race the Expert OS Class now.

Basically they have us by the balls.     

The only way around this is to work out an OS Series based on Various Club meets and to bypass the regionals altogether.

As I say the North dont want to race Club Meets, so we'll stay with the regionals and suck up the BC fees.

But as the South is rebuilding its OS class then you should do whatever is right for you.  e.g.  An 8 race series based on 4 venues spread over the summer Club meets might be the way to go.   Other Regions could do the same.   You could even have 2 separate OS series based in the same region with one series doing the western most tracks and the other doing the eastern most tracks so that travelling is made easier.   You could also do inter regional club meets.   Basically any Series you want because your not tied to regionals only club meets.   I dont think any club would mind a few OS riders turning up and having a gate as most club meets will be short of riders anyway.   Its entirely up to you how you create your OS series if you dont race OS at regionals.  If you race at regionals then you have to stick with their rules and regulations!!

dan-dare

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2009, 11:25 AM »

The only way around this is to work out an OS Series based on Various Club meets and to bypass the regionals altogether.

Brits + BCF = a bunch of egotistical  :Aresehole:'s.

I'm sure the North Region clubs would be happy for 'OS'  ;D to complement their meetings, just like it currently, and successfully, does. :daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 03:28 PM »
Moley well done for fighting your/the OS corner, at least you got their attention.

It's fine for OS to give BC money, but you're not welcome at the Brits (well, not in the class you qualified in anyway, as it doesn't exist anymore).  Unfortunately, if you want to race, they have you over a barrel.

Broggie

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 06:03 PM »
I move for a vote of no confidence in the BCF.

You have to ask yourself what the BCF would do if they 'lost' the brits...let's face it, they don't have to have it.

I think the best thing might be if we ALL turned up at the brits in OS gear and let 'certain people' know how hopelessly outnumbered they are.

OS beats the Xfactor BCF to No1  ;D

Ray.

dialledbikes

« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2009, 06:34 PM »
Unfortunately, they are the only sanction for BMX right now so it's basically a monopoly.

It's possible to set up another sanction, but that's easier said than done and probably not enough riders in the UK to support an opposing sanction.

Personally, when I've been cheesed off with BC's decisions in the past, I've just not bothered going to the next race.  It's a small protest that goes unnoticed, but it satisfies the rebel in me  ;)  I can't be arsed to go to Cheddar twice next year, so will probably skip the national there but go for the Brits.  Not that bothered about nationals next year anyway.  South regionals are better.

Offline hunterdubber

• Site Supporter
  • Berm Worm
  • Rated:
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2009, 10:17 PM »

OS is still a regionally recognised class as it was last year.  It was always recognised by the North Region!!
SO WHY ARE WE GETTING CHARGED FOR A MEMBERSHIP

To race OS at any regional event then you'll need a Silver BC Membership (+ FREE Provisional Racing License) after the 1st May or after the first 2 summer regionals (whichever is soonest).

The only way to get around the BC Silver Membership is to organise your races at Club Meets.   No BC Membership is required and the race fees will be lower too.  You would also have more control over the venues and dates because there should be more dates that you could choose from.

The OS in the North have decided to race at Regional Level.   It might be cheaper to race at the Club Meets but lack of numbers at Club meets might have a negative effect.  The Craic is flowing Oop North and £36 for an OS'er who races 10+ races out of the 16 per year isn't too bad. 16 per year ,BUT REALLY 8 AS THE OTHER 8 ARE IN THE WINTER SERIES Petrol costs far more.   Plus our region hasn't screwed us over, BC have.  So we'd like to continue to support our region by paying the Full expert race fees.

OS racing is RADBMX so MK is the true OS British Championships.  The OS Grands at Preston is just an additional OS event primarily for us Oop North because thats where it is based.    The Scots will turn out for it and I hope some Southerners make the trip too.   We even allow sandbaggers.

Are you trying to make it sound like we aren't  really getting taxed for nothing ,,Ian  ? ::)  :D

:LolLolLolLol:

Why isn't it held the same as novice or winter races , if we don't get a recognised class

Like I said , it's right that it isn't recognised  :daumenhoch:

So why a mandatory  membership ?

Sorry for my ignorance  :-[

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  Old School BMX 1980 - 1988  |  Old School Race (riders ready, pedals ready... GO!!)  |  Old School back in the fold........not

gfxgfx
gfx gfx