gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975762 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 03, 2024, 02:29 PM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  David Maw - gold bmx...
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: David Maw - gold bmx...  (Read 810 times)

sid1972

David Maw - gold bmx...
« on: December 16, 2009, 08:01 PM »
Hi all,
been speaking to the guy behind 'TT Racing products' jam butties etc tonight and he said that he has tracked down David Maw's gold bmx, I had to act daft which was not hard  ;D but Tom went on to explain that he is an ex World Champion? Tom also stated that he has photo's of him on the bike and with his trophy.

has anyone got any info on him and the bike?

:daumenhoch:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2009, 09:30 PM by sid1972 »

Offline diesel

• Look Back
  • Rated:
Re: David Moores - gold bmx...
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 08:18 PM »
no but has he any seat clamps left?

sid1972

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 08:23 PM »
er yeah! but they are mine.... 8)

he reckons he made some pegs as well but I cannot remember seeing them -  going over after christmas coz he has just had a big operation and he is in recovery..

:daumenhoch:

dialledbikes

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Do you mean David "Soap Dodger" Maw?

sid1972

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2009, 08:58 PM »
if that's the guy...

Tom went on to say that he was killed on a motorbike about 10 years ago or so.. He still talk's to his mum and she has a couple of his bikes...

???

baldbmxer

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2009, 09:31 PM »
David was kiled in his VW Beetle, spinning on black ice and hitting a Volvo.

David was a Rad kid and after BMX went on to Motocross and was pretty damn good at that too.

I spoke to David's mum & Dad a few years ago and I gather they still have his Gold bike and World Championship tropies (3 titles back to back, Japan 84, Whister Canada 85 and Slough 86)

The Maws are a very tight family and loosing David was very hard from them.

Mrs Maw, Davids mum used to talk to my mum trackside at the races. She's a lovely lady with a huge heart. they were a true BMX family BITD. All very friendly and willing to help.

sid1972

Re: David Maw - gold bmx...
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2009, 09:37 PM »
Thanks Fella,

Tom has been in contact with mum and after christmas we are going over to take some photo's of the bikes etc... Tom Tait  knows the family well - did you ever meet Tom?

Just found this link.
http://www.radbmx.co.uk/forum/index.php'topic=51169.msg525928#msg525928

moomin

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2009, 10:33 PM »
I'd love to be able to tell his family just what an inspiration he was, awesome rider who i looked up to when i 1st found BMX, :daumenhoch:

sid1972

« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2009, 10:55 PM »
I'd love to be able to tell his family just what an inspiration he was, awesome rider who i looked up to when i 1st found BMX, :daumenhoch:

This has all come about because of catching up with Tom Tait, he had a bmx shop were I lived and I used to race at his track. I cannot remember David so I feel unworthy of meeting his parents,  I am hoping to post whatever info and photos I get - Tom reckons he has 2 scrap books full.

When I go over I will pass on your regards.. I am hoping to show them the world of Rad and I think Tom Tait is talking about attending mk10, so you never know they may come with him..  :daumenhoch:

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  David Maw - gold bmx...

gfxgfx
gfx gfx