gfxgfx

logo

gfx gfx
gfx
975764 Posts in 138935 Topics by 6360 Members - Latest Member: TattooedYorkie October 04, 2024, 01:16 AM
gfx* Home | Portal | Forum | Merchandise | Help | Login | Register | gfx
gfx
RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help!! Newbie rapidly getting out of his depth!! Big wheel decision
gfx
gfxgfx

Author Topic: Help!! Newbie rapidly getting out of his depth!! Big wheel decision  (Read 516 times)

Grinder

Further to previous post I am now even more confused. The story goes like this....I've got a 20"wheel bmx but I want to run 24". Being a welder I thought no probs, few adjustments and bob would be me mums brother. Only there just isn't enough room in the frame. So my thoughts return to new 20" wheels at which point i spotted the Araya 451mm wheels I mentioned earlier. Glue on tyres seem to be hard to come by, but if i could build some using normal beaded rims then that would be the answer, or would it? As I understand it(or don't) they fall between 20" and 24" so would seem the sensible choice.
Obviously what I should do is sell the 20"er and buy a cruiser but i'm not one for doing things the easy way :)
ADVICE PLEASE, i'm drowning in information.

HEYWOOD BMX

Re: Help!! Newbie rapidly getting out of his depth!! Big wheel decision
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 08:17 PM »
  :) Glue-on tyres sound like a pain in the rear! Just go for some regular 20" wheels or go for the cruiser.

Offline billstup

• Team Owner
  • My life is Radbmx
  • Rated:
Re: Help!! Newbie rapidly getting out of his depth!! Big wheel decision
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 08:57 PM »
Sew ups are for small kids that race  :daumenhoch:
I see you stand like greyhounds in the slips,
 Straining upon the start. The game's afoot:
 Follow your spirit, and upon this charge
 Cry 'God for Harry, England, and Saint George!'

RADBMX.CO.UK  |  BMX General  |  BMX Chat  |  Help!! Newbie rapidly getting out of his depth!! Big wheel decision

gfxgfx
gfx gfx